For divers and spear hunters, underwater LED lights are one of the must-have items. It is necessary not only at night but is also often used in reservoirs during the day.
A wide variety of LED underwater fishing lights available, and choosing the right one is difficult.
You should determine the main characteristics of LED underwater fishing lights to find what you need.
The choice of a flashlight can depend on many factors and your personal preferences. Basic requirements that all led underwater fishing lights must meet:
-> The design of the product must be strong and reliable. The lantern is operated in rather harsh conditions underwater. The basis here will be the strength and reliability of the material from which the lamp body is made. Equally important is the question of the diffuser material.
Trouble-free operation of the flashlight in any situation is one of the most important requirements.
-> Water resistance is the next essential characteristic of great importance for underwater lights. International standards determine the degree of protection of electrical and electrical equipment from moisture or water ingress into the housing – IP (Ingress Protection).
-> Underwater lights for diving and spearfishing must comply with the IPx standard. Regardless of whether the flashlight will be used in fresh or seawater, the moisture resistance of its body is ensured when completely submerged under water for more than 1 minute, lasting more than 30 minutes.
- Ease of on-off control – underwater, especially when wearing gloves, is very important. Extreme situations often require the need for quick and easy control.
- High-quality batteries – it is better to choose reliable and powerful batteries or batteries for underwater light. The price for them will be reasonable, but they will last much longer and more efficiently.
- The duration of the LED underwater fishing lights depends on the type of battery and the mode in which the light is used.
- Reliable fastening guarantees you will not lose your underwater LED flashlight and will stay long in the water. Cords and carabiners should be strong and reliable, and head straps should be comfortable.
- The choice of a flashlight depends on the capacity to use: primary or secondary. The weight and size of a dive light can often also play a big role. Still, in some situations, a large and heavy object could be more convenient.
For example, in reeds or tall grass, in caves and grottoes, a large-sized LED underwater lamp can create significant difficulties for an underwater hunter or diver when moving.
The underwater light design includes:
An LED underwater lamp consists of several elements:
- Lantern body
- Sources of light
- On-off control mechanism
When choosing an LED underwater fishing light, you must decide how much light you need in lumens. However, it is worth remembering that the technical characteristics of the flashlight in lumens will not give the distance at which this product will shine.