With the help of new technologies, we can get a lot of things on one single demand. This is from ordering food to demanding a doctor. Everything has become possible. Ordering food online has been around for decades now, but on-demand doctor service has just begun.
The covid-19 pandemic has changed the way industries worked and especially changed the way the healthcare industry worked. Patients now have the fear of going for a check-up at the hospital, this is why the new technology is coming into the sector. Some of these technologies are On demand doctor app development and telemedicine app development. Telemedicine technology has made it easier for healthcare workers to provide faster solutions.
Telemedicine technology has also made it possible for applications like doctor on demand to develop. The applications take less than 5 minutes to connect you with a doctor. These applications have become very popular among patients. This is the reason why so many telemedicine app development solution companies are creating these applications for hospitals and clinics.
How does one start with a telemedicine application development? Before building an application, you should know if it can be useful for you or not.
What is Telemedicine application technology?
Telemedicine is the process that helps patients connect with their medical care providers online. Telemedicine helps diagnose, treat, and assess patients in far off areas. Telemedicine applications let patients stay in their homes and receive medical care easily.
Medical care providers can connect with patients from remote areas and provide them with solutions. The applications help in cutting down expenses and simplify the availability of medical care. This is the reason why so many hospitals and clinics are using telemedicine applications.
Developing a telemedicine application is the main purpose of healthcare organizations these days. This is why the telehealth market is expected to grow to about 60 billion US dollars by the year 2025.
Healthcare organizations are aware of the benefits of these doctor on-demand applications. These applications are in more demand because of the ongoing covid-19 pandemic.
Benefits of telemedicine application
1. The application can gain access in areas a hospital can not. This means people who come from far off places can use your services to help receive treatment from any doctor of their choice. In many hospitals proper treatments are not available, our telemedicine applications make it possible for everyone to receive treatment.
2. The application can save money. The application not only helps patients save money by cutting down on their travel expenses, but it also helps hospitals save money by not spending money on the extra expenses they offer to patients, such as patient beds, waiting rooms areas, or patient files. This increases the hospital’s revenue.
3. Using a telemedicine software development company can help your hospital in improving patient health rates. The application monitors patients activities via wearable devices connected to a patient. These devices will monitor whether or not a patient is following the treatment given to them by their doctor, making it impossible for the patient not to follow it. When the patient focuses more on their treatment plan, they learn about the risks and follow it. The changes then turn into a healthier Lifestyle. This helps the hospital with an increased patient success rate.
4. Increase in the number of patients. When a doctor manages their appointments themselves, especially online, they have information laid out in front of them and can make decisions faster than they do in traditional settings.
5. Time management helps a doctor schedule their appointments accordingly. Attending too many patients can cause the doctor to overwork and fall ill easily. When the doctor manages their meeting schedules, they make sure that both stay in good health and the patient receives good treatment advice.
6. We are known for keeping our software safe and secure. Our telemedicine app development company keeps your data safe, we are HIPAA compliant. Meaning none of your data will be shared anywhere else but with your doctor.
How to build your own doctor on-demand application?
1. Decide on an idea for your application. In order to develop a great doctor on-demand application, you need to fulfil the needs and requirements of your patients. Find out your patient’s requirements and work towards fulfilling those.
2. You need to be able to explain your telemedicine application idea to your software developer easily. You should be able to give a lot of details to your application developers. This way they will better understand your requirements.
3. You need to decide on an MVP project. After this, you will enter the development phase. Now you will need to break your telemedicine application features into small stories, this will make it easier for you to apply them. After this, you can build the code for your application and work on error fixing regularity.
4. After the MVP is done, the developer’s team will show you a sample of the application. If you like the outcome, the developer’s team will start applying more features to it.
5. After the main features are added to the software application, the developer’s team will add last-minute details. These are last-minute design changes, mock-ups, giving play store access to the application, etc. At last, the doctor on-demand application can be used with all its new features. It can now be used by users worldwide.
How much does it cost to develop a telemedicine application?
It is important to know how much a telemedicine application development cost. Healthcare organizations should come up with a budget for their application building. The telemedicine application cost depends on a different approach. The features used, the functionality of the application, platforms used in the application, telemedicine vendors, etc are the main things to keep in mind while making a budget.
The application development can depend on the company you have hired for it. The tools used, different platforms used while developing the application matters. If you have a heavy budget, you can build an application that has many features and provides the best medical solutions to its users.
Telemedicine software application features
1. Patients can easily book online appointments with their doctors.
2. Patients can now also find a specialist for their condition, these telemedicine applications make it easier.
3. Telemedicine applications for healthcare are entirely safe to use, they are HIPAA compliant. Hence, all the data shared on them will be kept safe at all times.
4. The telemedicine application also helps in saving a patient’s time by handling all the required activities online. This directly affects patients travelling expenses they pay to get to a hospital.
5. Instead of waiting in lines in a hospital,patients can easily send payments to their medical care providers from a doctor on-demand application.
6. Telemedicine application helps healthy patients stay healthy. Because of online appointments patients don’t come in contact with each other, this saves them infection transmissions.
7. Online appointment scheduling makes it easier for healthcare providers to attend to more patients and provide good treatments.
8. The telemedicine software applications help in saving patient data from their first chat with the doctor to the last.
9. The application makes it easier for hospitals to receive patient bills online. These payments are always on time. The application also keeps track of previous payment.
10. Medical care providers can record all their appointments with patients.
11. Telemedicine applications allow you to list specific specialists from different fields.
12. Telemedicine applications help hospitals in cutting down the extra expenses for patient care.