What is The Difference between Full-Spectrum and Broad-Spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD are two of the three major types of CBD available. The Food and Drug Administration has only approved a single use of CBD drug for epilepsy. Hence, when you buy CBD products from the market, most of them are without the FDA-approved stamp. This makes it very vital to select your products carefully. Knowing whether you are buying full spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD products is essential to understanding the various uses, advantages, side effects, and doses recommended.
Full Spectrum CBD tends to contain various components of the cannabis plant, including portions of THC. However, Broad-spectrum CBD products contain no traces of THC. But it does contain other portions of the cannabis plant, hence cannot be deemed pure CBD.
What is Full Spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD has various cannabinoid compounds from the cannabis plant and traces of THC. Usually, the THC level is very low, ranging from less than 0.3%. However, some manufacturers increase the level of THC for a euphoric high. Full-spectrum CBD also has terpenes from the cannabis plant that provides a typical scent. Studies suggest that terpenes can produce an entourage effect and escalate the effects of CBD.
There are several extraction processes available in the cannabis industry. Full-spectrum CBD is manufactured by using the CO2 extraction method. Hence, intoxicating compounds like THC and other cannabinoids are not removed during the process. This causes a special entourage effect. Since each cannabis plant has a specific composition, each CBD full spectrum oil has different tastes and characteristics.
Some of the potential health benefits of full-spectrum CBD are
- Works as an anti-seizure: Anti-seizures are used to mitigate chronic pain caused by damaged nerves. It also helps people suffering from conditions like epilepsy. The FDA has sanctioned the use of full-spectrum CBD for treating epilepsy.
- Helps in reducing anxiety: CBD helps to deal with anxiety disorders like social anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and panic disorders, etc. It gives a relaxing outcome and helps patients deal with acute panic and anxiety situations by soothing their brain receptors and providing relaxation to their mind and body.
- Helps in pain relief: Research suggests that CBD can help treat chronic pain in patients suffering from nerve and back pain. CBD acts on the endocannabinoid brain receptors and reduces the effects of pain.
- Helps reduce inflammation: Full spectrum CBD acts as an anti-inflammatory medicine for people suffering from pain and inflammation. It works on the neurotransmitter and brain receptors to reduce the impact of inflammation and provides instant ease.
- Acts as an antioxidant: Antioxidants are used to neutralize free radicals in the body to boost overall health conditions. CBD full spectrum is an effective antioxidant that protects the body cells against cell damage.
Some studies suggest that Full spectrum CBD is used to provide relief for muscle spasms. Though there is a lack of specific data, few people use CBD in dental care due to its analgesic characteristics.
Potential side effects of Full spectrum CBD suggests that a person may get a euphoric high with a hefty dose, which may sometimes show up on a drug test result.
What is Broad Spectrum CBD?
Broad-spectrum CBD contains no THC. It falls in between full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate. However, broad-spectrum CBD contains traces of other cannabinoid compounds like terpenes, cannabichromene, and cannabinol. Broad-spectrum CBD products may produce heightened effects than CBD isolates, as they have additional compounds which work together.
The refining process for a broad spectrum CBD involves the removal of THC after the initial extraction process. Many consumers do not want THC but still look forward to the entourage effect. CBD broad-spectrum is formulated specifically for these types of consumers. CBD broad-spectrum is a fantastic choice for people who do not want to use THC for personal or legal reasons.
Here are some potential benefits of CBD broad-spectrum products:
- Can be used as antibiotics: Research has found that CBD broad-spectrum has the potential to kill a wide range of bacteria. Hence, it can benefit people suffering from diseases like meningitis and gonorrhea.
- Works as an Anti-inflammatory agent: CBD broad spectrum also helps reduce chronic pain and inflammation by providing a soothing experience.
- Entourage effect: CBD’s broad spectrum causes a heightened and euphoric entourage effect for recreation purposes for those who want to enjoy a high without consuming THC.
However, CBD broad-spectrum does not contain THC like CBD full spectrum. Hence, it has fewer benefits in everyday life.
How to choose between Full spectrum and Broad-spectrum CBD for you?
Each type of CBD oil has a different function and benefit depending on the situation, requirement, dosage, and body type. People who are sensitive to THC opt for broad-spectrum CBD products. Full-spectrum CBD is designed for consumers who like to consume a small dose of THC for an entourage effect and heightened high. Broad-spectrum CBD is for users who want the entourage effect without the THC. It is suitable for first-time users or those who run a regular risk of getting tested for THC.
There is still less research to find the effectiveness of each spectrum. However, the full spectrum of CBD is associated with maximum medicinal and other benefits. High-quality CBD full-spectrum products are winning over the cannabis market. The percentage of broad-spectrum users is comparatively less. These are precisely the users who want to refrain from consuming THC. The legal status of cannabis in the states plays an important role. The reason for your consumption drives the type of CBD spectrum you need to buy. Whether for medicinal purposes or dealing with anxiety, you can decide what product shall suit you the best by reading cbdnews. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor about the dose and intake method before you start consuming CBD for medicinal purposes. It is essential to find the correct dose of CBD if you are a new user.